The "KlimaHaus" (Climate House)The "KlimaHaus" is based on an energy evaluation procedure and an energy certification.
This energy evaluation procedure was developed by Norbert Lantschner, the former director of the Bozen State Office for Air and Noise Protection, and has been operative since 2004.
What is the KlimaHaus Certification?
According to the directive 2002/91/CE the KlimaHaus Certification verifies the energy efficiency of buildings. The KlimaHaus Certification enables the assessment and comparison of energy use and energy efficiency of a building.
Energy Efficiency Classes
With KlimaHaus the electricity use of the building is assessed in order to be able to allocate a particular energy efficiency class.
- KlimaHaus C: is the minimum standard and means a heating requirement of < 70 kWh/(m²a)
- Alp Wellness Hotel Mota is KlimaHaus B: means a heating requirement of < 50 kWh/(m²a) (5 litres)
- KlimaHaus A: means a heating requirement of < 30 kWh/(m²a) (3 litres)
- KlimaHaus Gold: means a heating requirement of under 10 kWh/m²a (1 litre)
Performance of a KlimaHaus
What is the difference in performance between a KlimaHaus and a normal building?
- very good thermal insulation
- very good density
- no thermal bridge
- use of renewable energy
- very good air quality
- acoustic insulation